Are some people EVER happy ? Remember when .

• Just sitting back and kind of wondering , can you remember when not so long time ago we had disgruntled fans even spewing things out of their mouths about how maybe KU should drop the football program ?

Remember when we struggled , I do mean struggled to even have an eighty five man roster for football ? – how we had to cancel spring game because we didn’t have enough healthy players because of low numbers on the roster? Remember when the team was the laughing stock of College football ? Remember when the Booth was a piece of crap low grade , low class College football Stadium ?

Remember when in football recruiting not that long ago the football staff could hardly get a three star player little lone a four star to return phone calls or allow KU to come in on a home visit and campus visits were a joke ? Remember when some people got asked who they pulled for in College football, the response would always be - -Well I’m a huge KU fan in Basketball but ummm football ? - Well - - -Things have changed/changing.

People use to complain about the quality of players we got - -now that we are getting 3 star and some 4 star - -people still complaining, why aren’t/can’t we get 5 star players. - You had people complain about the Booth , So what we do? - -the renovation of the Booth taking place, people now complaining about the cost - -the reduction in seating. - -Answer to that - -Upgrades take money, Booth is getting huge upgrade. - Have these people complaining have they or are they donating to the fund to help renovate the Booth ? As far as seating - a lot of Stadiums are being reduced capacity . -you want the chance for more seating then show up - - fill the stadium -EVERY WEEK without being coaxed to do so. As far as dropping the program some wanted not that long ago - - You won’t be hearing those people complain about dropping program now.

People use to Wine about the talent of the player , we getting 3 star and some 4 star— some people now bitching/wondering why can’t we get 5 star ?–People bitched about our head Coach’s and ew brig i the guy that has turned this program around drastically, and some still question.

My question to all these things is why ? - -Why are some never satisfied ? - -Always got to complain - -always got to bitch about something - - -anything. My question is, are you THAT miserable ? -Why can’t you just sit back and enjoy the read ? - -why can’t you appreciate Coach L’s dedication , hard work ? - -why can’t you see and appreciate this squads turnaround ? Why can’t you appreciate their work ?- I’ll say this - This KU football team IS NOT the joke of College football now Picked by many to challenge for Conference Championship THIS YR. Ranked in top 25 by many in pre-season polls. - -I guess some can eve just be happy/grateful of what’s coming , enjoy the ride, some just are flat miserable chronic whiners - -I for one am prod to say " YES " I am a football fan of the University of Kansas- - - -ROCK HALK ALL DAY LONG BABY

• @jayballer67 Yes, I agree. I’ll be even happier if there’s some place to park with 5 miles. But - while I’m much happier with our football program, I am totally disgruntled with basketball. Not KU basketball in particular - just all things college basketball. In my mind football isn’t there yet. It will be in a year or two. But NIL and the “portal” have ruined college basketball for me. If we have any good players, they’ll get hurt or get arrested for something. Or they’ll decide they can get a better paying “job” somewhere else and leave mid-season. Sorry - I’m not trying to be a Debbie Downer. I just feel that’s a pretty accurate description of things right now. I probably won’t watch a single game next season.

• @nuleafjhawk want to discover your love of soccer and watch USMNT and Chelsea with me?

• @nuleafjhawk actually im happy to watch or discuss anything you find interesting

• @nuleafjhawk said in Are some people EVER happy ? Remember when .:

@jayballer67 Yes, I agree. I’ll be even happier if there’s some place to park with 5 miles. But - while I’m much happier with our football program, I am totally disgruntled with basketball. Not KU basketball in particular - just all things college basketball. In my mind football isn’t there yet. It will be in a year or two. But NIL and the “portal” have ruined college basketball for me. If we have any good players, they’ll get hurt or get arrested for something. Or they’ll decide they can get a better paying “job” somewhere else and leave mid-season. Sorry - I’m not trying to be a Debbie Downer. I just feel that’s a pretty accurate description of things right now. I probably won’t watch a single game next season.

TRUE, Have to agree that the NIL ha ruined College Basketball. I don’t know because it seems I’m talking out both sides of my mouth at the same time.

I mean I think NIL is not good, it is but it isn’t. I think they need some kind of cap because these numbers are insane , just one ig bidding war anymore. How can kids give an loyalty to a School when you have this type of thing ? - -How can fans who just love College Basketball for the game it 'self - -how can they give any love/loyalty to a kid when he is here today - -gone tomorrow.

Having said that with the currentt state of the game NIL Schools like us or any School actually you have to dive in head first , because you don’ your going to be left behind at the Station. It’s a dam if you do- - -dam if you don’t , a true double edge sword. - -Something has to change with it. Don’t sk me what but just can’t keep going this way.

As far s the portal side of things , like I heard/read today the portal after this year it’s going to become a lot harder to recruit from it as your Covid yr will no longer exhist for one. Crazy times

• @approxinfinity I like pinà coladas and getting caught in the rain…

• IMO, transfer rules are fine and past needed. NIL rules are fine and definitely needed. Players were getting exploited (for program $) and trapped (just for control, I guess). I think both changes were actually good for players and programs (why have a transfer sit out a year?), but programs are just taking advantage of the gray areas now to make it a bidding war for disgruntled or greedy players. Maybe it will crater into it’s own making at some point.

• I think for maybe a little bit different reasons than NIL and portal that college football suffered a major crisis last season when EVERY bowl was impacted besides the playoff. Screw the fans. Screw your teammates. Screw your coach. Finish your regular season and quit. Bowl games a major snoozefest for the most part. Will be interesting to see if some kids will quit even if their team makes the playoff. It’s possible because there will be some 12th ranked team that is the last team in and will think they have no chance to beat OSU/Mich or KU (!!) and quit because their NFL career is calling.